I would like to invite any and all retired and former commissioned members of the SLMPD of good moral character who left the Department in good standing to join the St. Louis Police Veterans’ Association (SLPVA).  Commissioned members include all ranks of police officers from officer to chief and turnkeys, prison guards, and chauffeurs.

All that’s necessary to join the SLPVA is to complete an application, pay the first year’s dues and application fee of $17 and return the application at our monthly meeting or by mail.  Monthly meetings are held at the SLPOA Hall, 3710 Hampton, 11:30 AM on the second Wednesday of each month except May and September when we enjoy a Cook Out at Cliff Cave Park.  If returning the application by mail, use the address at the bottom of the application.  Applications can be downloaded as a PDF from a page on our website, SLPVA Application Form.


The PDF has a second page which is an authorization to deduct your future dues ($15) from your January pension check annually.  The dues deduction will begin with your second year of membership in the SLPVA so payment for the first year ($17) should accompany the application.  We encourage members to do the automatic dues deduction.  It saves the organization the time and trouble of mailing dues notices and and the member mailing a dues check to the SLPVA.  If, after authorizing automatic dues deduction you wish to stop the deduction, just contact the Pension Office or the SLPVA.  When your pension ceases, naturally the dues deduction will also end.  Dues deduction is available to all new members and to all current members who didn’t take advantage of it earlier.

Our monthly meetings and Cook Outs include a short business meeting including minutes of previous meeting, monthly treasurer’s report, president’s report, old and new business, and sometimes a guest speaker.  After the meeting the 75 to 100 or more members present visit with each other and can enjoy lunch ($7.00) and continue to visit with old friends and working companions.


SLPVA members and non-members are welcome to visit our website WWW.SLPVA.COM (you are on a page of our site currently) where we post the latest information on the SLPVA and our most important benefits -- pension and health care for both the Under 65 retiree and the Post 65 retiree.

Diane Priest-Dailey

SLPVA President